Learn how to find off-market deals in Thousand Oaks, California. Especially helpful to find creative financing deals and fixer upper properties using marketing and other strategies.
Topics discussed include:
- How real estate investors find deals from The Millionaire Real Estate Investor book by Gary Keller et al
- Why Motivated Sellers? Creative Transactions and Fixer Upper Properties.
- Where are we in the Real Estate Investor Daily Checklist?
- 1-Step versus 2-Step Marketing
- The Importance of Being on the Right Side of the Desk
- Answering Service Questions and how to make an offer on the first call (to your answering service)
- How Much to Spend on Marketing Tests?
- Marketing Beliefs
- Sifting and Sorting to find the best deals
- Staying out of the Feast and Famine cycle
- Looking inside and outside the industry for the best marketing ideas
- Marketing Modeling Spreadsheet (download available)
- Target Profit
- Goals and Metrics
- Motivated Sellers for Lazy and Poor Folks
- Lazy Marketing Methods for those with more money than time to find deals
- Poor Marketing Methods for those with more time to invest in finding deals than money
- Dan Kennedy's 3 Ms of Marketing: Market, Message and Media
- Market and info of the best market to pursue
- Motivated Seller Marketing Headlines (the list)
- Alternative Marketing Headlines
- Market to Message Match
- The importance of making multiple contacts and following up
- Credibility Packet and Testimonials (downloadable sample available)
- Commit to Improve Your Response Rate In All Your Marketing
- Success Ratios: how much work to get a deal from a variety of sources
- Testing Versus Buying Tested Marketing
- Sample Elevator Speech
- Sample Real Estate Investor Business Card (including a special twist used for raising private money)
- Sample Bandit Signs
- Adapting to buying from motivated sellers in hot markets (what changes)
- Why direct mail? Pros and cons.
- Defining your farm area for direct mail.
- Mailing List Selection Criteria
- Mailing List Sources
- Mailing List Hygiene
- Direct Mail Marketing Messages (including a number of sample letters and postcards)
- Direct Mail Marketing Media to use to find deals
- What name should you use on your marketing?
- What phone numbers, website, email address and return mailing address should you use on your marketing?
- Mailing Services
- Plus much more
This class was recorded to help real estate investors learn how to market to find off-market deals for creative financing and fixer uppers.
Watch the video version of this class and download the handouts from the live in-person version: